Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Custom Search

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Spending time with family

I'm not sure whether to write a new post today. I'm so tired after having a family picnic today at 'our beach' (that's what we like to call it). The picnic place is just near our place, it's about a minute walk. It's become the family picnic area since my hubby and his brother in law cleared and cleaned the place.
Before I tell you about the picnic today, I want to share with you how I felt this morning. I had planned earlier to go jogging at the Sport Complex as yesterday we cancelled our weekly hiking at the Shahbandar Hill. I was already dressed up in my hiking clothing, but when we went downstairs, it looked like that a storm would hit our area. So we cancelled it and I went back to my laptop and continued surfing. I told myself that I would replace it by going jogging at a nearby jogging track, but that didnt happen too! Tomorrow I will definitely go to the Shahbandar Hill, if the weather permits though...
Yeah the picnic today.. The picnic was fun, lots of food...mmm..have to watch out my cholestrol level. I ate a lot of prawns ( my favourite seafood) which were grilled at the picnic site. I wanted to post some pictures here but my daughter has warned me earlier not to use the photos that we took today in my blog. She wanted to upload the photos in her blog. If anyone is interested to see them, the photos can be found in Erahdee blog. I will just upload a few photos here.
At the picnic, a few minor accidents happened. My daughter and my sis in law fell from the hammock while trying to lie down in there. Both of them are quite plump, so we all laughed when it happened. Then my youngest daughter fell off the ground from a trishaw while playing in it. She didn't cry though...a tough girl.. A few minutes after that, Sarah, my hubby's niece fell off from the swing. What an unlucky day it was. But it didnt stop there. The bad luck continued when we played kites. The kites were very beautiful. We had a bat shaped kite, a rainbow kite, a dragon shaped kite and the locally made kite. Most of the kites flew away uncontrollably because the wind was abit strong today. The biggest kite, that is the Dragon Kite flew away to the jungle nearby as the string broke due to the weight of the kite. Despite all the 'misfortune' we all had fun especially the children.

1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

That sounds like a great picnic! I like hammocks but have only been on one once that I remember. They are a little tricky. Flying the kites sounds like fun too. It sounds like you live in a very interesting place--near a jungle! The kite flying reminded me of a book I read this summer--"The Kite Runner."