Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger


I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Custom Search

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Activities in My English Class

I've been doing informal class forums with my Lower Six students since last week. Today all the groups have presented the forums successfully. Each group consists of 4 students and they were asked to choose their topic of interest. They were given times to do research on the chosen topics and to prepare the structure of the forums. Overall, the students did very well in discussing the topics and the points made were well researched. They were nine groups with more or less different topics. The topics include social problems among teenagers, smoking and alcoholic drink, early marriage, natural disaster, endangered species and friendship. The aims of this forum is to encourage reading widely which in turns improves students' vocabulary and also to develop confidence in speaking in front of audience. I will include the students' discussion in the next post. To my students, I would like to say, well done and keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Selerines said...

Hi friend... I am from India. Your blog looks pretty cool and nice. I am interested to share my link with you. Are you interested my friend? Please visit my blog frequently and keep in touch there!!!! I hope you will accept my request. If you are interested, then please comment in my blog. Thank you!!!!